When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.

The boiler in my office building is under repair and it just happens to be the coldest day of the year. (Nevermind that 2012 is barely 4 days old!)

I am here shivering and counting down the minutes until I can get on the subway and make my way home. Today was a super brisk day and I've been trying to think of happy thoughts... like summer, the beach, cute swimsuits, and Disney World. Things that remind me that my favorite seasons (Spring and Summer of course) are just a few months away.

I decided to do a random Google search of "Michael Jackson" and the word "cold" and I came up with some very interesting results... most of them leading to the lyrics for the song D.S. But somewhere deep in the 4th or 5th page, I found an interesting article talking about Michael's rendition of "My Girl" originally performed by the Temptations.

I am a huge fan of R&B music from the late 60s and 70s and  hearing young Michael sing songs like "My Girl", "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone," "La La La (Means I Love You" is really interesting. A lot of times I love the original versions way too much to appreciate Michael's version but, certain songs just capture my mind and soul when M sings them.

What a talented soul.
Wanna have a listen?

Check it out here for only 99 cents: My Girl



Can't wait to get off of work tonight and snuggle in my bed. Until next time...


No comments

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top