Fancy words will only ruin it.

"Touch" is one of those Jackson 5 songs that you listen to... enjoy... then realize what you just heard.  
This song is from the album Skywriter and super sensual in its content. 


Darlin' just relax
You melt me like hot candle wax
One touch and my whole body melts
You just say, you say you can't express yourself

Oh, just keep doin' what you're doin'
Fancy words will only ruin it
Touch (touch me)
That very special touch
If I satisfy you (if I satisfy you)
How can you satisfy me baby

Don't you worry baby why
You see these tears of love in my eyes
I feel this love flowin' through
Like a river girl straight through me to you

Your touch mean than words
Than any language ever heard
Touch (touch me)
That very special touch
Every brand new day (every brand new day)
I wake up wanting you the same ole way...


"Touch"  Skywriter 1973.




What is a 12 year old Michael Jackson doing about pleasing women in such a manner?



But with this song Michael does it, as he does most things very well. This song, as many songs that the Jackson 5 recorded was a tune performed originally by the Supremes. One of the things I really hate hearing is how Michael was "too young" to be singing about certain subjects. Well, to me, Michael's voice expresses such deep and raw emotion on certain songs that at times I've been moved to tears. Now many of these instances, I was a high schooler myself but, there are times now as I embark on my adult life that I sit back and listen to what he is saying and I truly do believe it. 

Now I won't comment on the underlying sexual innuendos found in the lyrics of this song but... hey.
I'll just say that I'd totally encourage you to take a listen (if you aren't familiar with it already). I'd like to think that this would sound even more awesome performed by a mid-20's Michael. 




How many of the artists on the radio today had the power and the heart to move souls like Michael Jackson did? 


I'd argue not too many. 






1 comment

  1. Okay I was definitely one of those people that were a little disturbed when I heard this for the first time. . .

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top