JACKSONS: Unity Tour - A Fan Review

EDIT: I went a 3rd time--- check out some updates on my 3rd experience here

Now I will be honest and say that I debated going to see the Jacksons Unity Tour for months and months (and months!) but, I finally decided that it was something I HAD to do. Most of my MJ Family in New York knows how much I love the music of the Jacksons and the Jackson 5 so, when I had the opportunity the day of to snag tickets to the show, I had to take the chance by storm.

I ended up having such an amazing time at the APOLLO Theatre show that I ended up going to the next show in the Tri-State area, the one in New Jersey! Good good times. I took some fun photos of my outfit for the second show:






I really and truly loved the show and as many others have said, felt Michael's presence in the building. To be honest, the start of the show was a bit awkward and somewhat emotional for me. Being such a big Michael fan, it's hard to go into a Jacksons show, knowing that Michael won't be there. After a few songs, I really got into the groove and was able to enjoy the songs were what they are *classic and awesome*..

There was a nice tribute segment to Michael in which Jermaine performed Gone Too Soon and that was no doubt emotional but, overall it was a really good experience. One of the best surprises of the night was when the brothers performed and introduced the band to "Can't Let Her Get Away". It's one of the filler tracks on the Dangerous album and the ONLY time I've ever heard that song performed live! Of course, they did some other solo MJ songs that have been done on past tours, such as "Rock With You" and "Wanna Be Startin Something" but, it was CLHGA that took the cake!

Here is an instagram that my good friend Gadget Trish posted of me from the New Jersey show... Groovy!



I would recommend the Jacksons UNITY Tour for any Jackson 5/Jacksons fan who can appreciate Jackson talent for what it is (independent of Michael).  Did you go to the Jacksons UNITY Tour? How'd you like it?

Share your thoughts! (& don't forget to follow me on Twitter--- XOXO!)

6 comments

  1. When someone from the MJ family posted that The Jacksons were going on tour, I could not believe it. I was so excited. I automatically knew I was going. No hesitations. My dream finally came true not only to see them in concert, but to say hello and take a picture with them. OMG!! I hope they come back to NYC again really soon so I can meet them again and actually introduce myself and have an actual conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gurl you know I had a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i am selling a LIMITED EDITION "Jackson 5" UNITY TOUR LITE UP SHIRT. Wondering if you are interested in buying it or some. Please send me an email so I can send you some pictures and a video of what the shirt looks like. This is a 1 of a kind!!! My email is jb@promotionsbyjb.com

    Thanks-JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i am selling a LIMITED EDITION "Jackson 5" UNITY TOUR LITE UP SHIRT. Wondering if you are interested in buying it or some. Please send me an email so I can send you some pictures and a video of what the shirt looks like. This is a 1 of a kind!!! My email is jb@promotionsbyjb.com

    Thanks-JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there I was in New Jersey as well on June 30th! I also seen Gagdet Trish at the end of the show. I've wrote a blog post about it: http://telia041987.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-experience-journey-on-seeing.html if you want to you can go & check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top