Broke as a joke--- Onto the 2nd half of MJ Season!

Ahhhhhh- weekend's here again!


Well not REALLY but, hm, yeah it is almost here. I am talking about the weekend after having had almost 6 full days away from work. Its my first year with the company and seeing as I only had one week vacation (a lonely tear rolls down my cheek and violins play) I had to find a way to make the best of things. A word to the wise--- take off a Friday and your weekdays so you have the weekend off too in succession with your weekday vacay. An old boss of mine used to use all of her PTO days right before/after national holidays and weekends (LIKE A BOSS).

Anyway since Michael Jackson season and some other things I've gotten into have totally caused me to blow my monthly budget out of the water, I'm super broke for the rest of the summer. Or at least I have to play broke, to catch up with my savings goals. I've been shopping and cooking to try and offset the costs of lunch and dinner every day. My meals are pretty cheap since I buy in bulk but, I'm often too tired to pack the damn lunch into my Pyrex bowl. CRAZY me!




Anyway, look at my trip this week- all for under 37 bucks! (My curiosity and recent interest in Greek Yogurt put me 2 bucks over my planned budget, so sue me!)







I am in desperate need of some money saving tips!

Any advice for me? :-)


2 comments

  1. My recent tip from personal experience is to try Mint.com -- it's helped me see how I'm doing following my budget! Miss you, hope to talk soon! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Mint thing, I think I might have mentioned it to you before. Also coupons! I know some people find it embarrassing, but you can save a few bucks with coupons. I also find it helps to shop around. I don't buy all my groceries in the same store. Some are more expensive than others, and some have really good sales once in awhile. So I like to check the circulars, most stores you can check online now!

    Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top