why i want to come back to blogging.


When I first started blogging, I was super into building some sort of a brand. I figured that I went to enough Michael Jackson fan related events, most of my friends were fans- why not blog about it?

Then came real life. 


I experienced a boat load of career changes and things just slowed down for me. I was more focused on getting my life together (in several areas) and decided NOT to let "Michaeling" hold me back. In some ways, being a Michael Jackson fan is consuming. When I was in high school, I would take "MJ breaks" in order to break away from the fan community and focus in on exams. I've continued to do this throughout my life when I experienced high pressure moments and 2014 was no different. For the past two years, I've barely attended MJ fan events. SUCH a huge difference compared to the years before, when I was planning, attending, and searching for events on an almost weekly basis. 

So, there went 2014 and 2015 and I can honestly say that I was just NOT into it. 
But when Prince died earlier this year, something changed. 

I actually couldn't watch the news or listen to any of the stories in the media about his death. The story was all too familiar. 

Seeing his fans mourn for him and come together to celebrate him, the same way MJ fans did in June 2009 and the months following, brought all of the memories back. I remember how much fun I used to have connecting with my MJ fan friends, spending time watching and studying Michael, and of course my guilty pleasure... buying MJ merchandise. 

I can't say how many events I will be attending or how much time I can actually devote now but, I do want to come back to this blog and share more with you guys. I want to document some of the highs and lows, some of the memories, some of how I manage to continue Michaeling (even with a demanding job and a regular social life!). 

It's good to be back. 

No comments

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top