My Favorite songs of the moment and failing exams.

Every few weeks, the fans know how it goes, the TOP 3 songs that you play kinda shuffle around and other MJ favorites come in and become your new fave of the moment. Here are my favorites right now:


  1. You Were Made Especially For Me
  2. Can't Let Her Get Away
  3. With a Child's Heart


So lately I've had this huge huge huge goal that I have yet to achieve hanging over my head. I've slid through my undergraduate and b-school programs like butter (pretty much) but I have yet to achieve my ULTIMATE GOAL. I've been studying Japanese for almost half of my life but still have not been able to conquer the beast that is JLPT2. I totally SUCK at memorization (unless it happens to do with Michael music, lyrics, photos, quotes etc) and memorizing the 1500+ characters needed to officially become BUSINESS LEVEL certified is a totally difficult thing for me. I was totally unprepared because of drama I went through right before the exam last December but NOW that I am on my own and pretty much don't have any distractions, I can say that I'm ready to take the challenge one more time.


But I have failed. Not once but... Twice. The second time stung the most because 3 thousand dollars and countless hours of studying and late nights at classes later, I was STILL losing. JLPT 2 : MJFANGIRL 0. This time, I'm not sure that I'll pass but I need something to put my energy into once MJ season dies down. Passing this (and memorizing these damn characters and vocab words will be a major career boost and could possibly get me more money and better opportunities -including the possibility of starting my own Freelance business.

Right now I am a woman who is pretty much free as a bird. I'm not married, no children.... (yet!)


Do y'all think I should take this exam again? Or just take the L in the Japanese department once and for all?



3 comments

  1. I can help quiz you with Flashcards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I too know what it's like to try and try again, especially on something difficult that you care about. When is the next time you can take the exam? fall? I know it's hard to get back on the horse, but I know you can do it!

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up! You can do it, and if it's something that will really help your career and move closer to other goals, then I say do it! If after the 3rd time you don't pass, then you should leave it alone. But don't try to cram if the exam is this fall. I think you should give it a little more time for you to be able to fully prepare and focus on it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top