My Top 5 Michael Jackson Fan Favorites (For December!)


December has been a month I’ve been looking forward to for a while. 
This season has always been one of my favorite times of year. 
But this December is extra special. 
I will be visiting Los Angeles for the first time!! I’ve been a fan for decades but, have never made the trip out west. I can’t wait to write about following in many of Michael’s footsteps and sharing all of the experiences I had there.

Anyway, I will have some very exciting posts to share in 2017. 
In the meantime, here are some of the things I am really into lately. 

1. Jackson 5 Christmas

 

I've recently started collecting vinyls again. Although it was always a staple in my music arsenal around the holidays, I had never owned the Jackson 5 Christmas album on vinyl until now. I scored my record on eBay but, they currently sell new pressings of it. I've seen it everywhere from music stores to Urban Outfitters and right here on Amazon.



2. Michael Jackson Official Pink mini- wallet

cafe latte and my new favorite wallet

perfect travel wallet!

On Black Friday, I decided to treat myself and get this pink wallet I came across. It's a faux leather official from Bravado. A lot of the merchandise that came out in 2010 was originally to be sold at the "This Is It" shows. I guess it's like my own little piece of history. I used it for the first time on my road trip to Los Angeles and it was fun to bring! it was easy to find in a bag full of stuff because of the bright color and I found the coin pocket and card slots sufficient for a vacation/road trip.

By the way, I've always been somewhat of a Michael Jackson merchandise collector. Those who have been reading for a while probably know this but, I am rarely ever on the boards these days. But, one of the things I still do is peruse eBay and the "shop my closet" apps like Poshmark . I find lots of Michael Jackson official merch on the cheap.


If you're interested in Poshmark, please click here to install the free app now
Oh and... sign up with code NWOCM to get $5 off your first order.  Trust me- it's worth it and super easy to start selling items from your own closet!  It'll alert me once you sign up and I'll follow you, so you can get linked to me. I post MJ collectors items on there when I come across fun things for the ladies :)


3. Michael Jackson PYT Boyfriend T-Shirt 


For this next item, there's a fun story behind it. My best girlfriend from high school was over at my house and I was proudly showing off my MJ T-shirt collection. We noticed that the majority of the shirts I owned were black. After realizing this, I was determined to bring a little more color into my Michael Jackson fan event wardrobe.

 

This is one of the shirts I came across on Amazon (and for an AMAZING price!) It's more of a lounging around the house shirt because it's a boyfriend cut but, I kind of like that.  (I went with my usual size, a small)  Although it's not technically a "Michael Jackson shirt," if you wear something like this to an event, you will definitely get lots of compliments.


4. Visual Map: What other artists did Michael Jackson influence?


Source:http://www.readers.com/blog/music-influence/

Have you ever wondered how Michael influenced the greatest musicians of our time? Or what other artists they later inspired who also went on to have successful music careers?

While examining five of Billboard’s Top 100 Artists in history – Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Garth Brooks, Mariah Carey, and The Rolling Stones – Readers compiled all of their connections, collaborations, and relationships listed on Wikipedia into this World Wide Web Of Music Influence Infographic.  

I learned a lot from it and I always feel like as an MJ fan, it's so important to be knowledgeable about the pop music industry as a whole. Michael was a HUGE influence on so many people so, it's cool to see how Readers mapped this out. Click HERE to read more and let me know if you have a favorite artist that was influenced by Michael.


5. A New Favorite Blog: Young Michael's Afro

I was browsing Instagram the other day and I came across an awesome Jacksons photo set that I'd never seen before.





I finally found the originator and one of the best places to find photos of Michael in this era- "Young Michael's Afro". Here's the link - http://young-michaels-afro.tumblr.com/ I highly recommend it!

I was compelled to include this because, finding new photos of Michael always makes me happy.
As much as I miss him, it's a blessing to still have archives of photos and videos that will allow us to continue learning and experiencing his presence.  I am so grateful to have all of these memories, it makes him being gone sometimes, not feel so bad.

_______________________________________
Until Next Time... xoxo

No comments

thanks for commenting, #MJfam! xx

Back to Top